Your module is not being displayed because it is configured with an incompatible Module Style.
In the settings panel, change the Module Style setting to Host: Classic - 5_Registration_Banner_Only
Host: Classic - 5_Registration_Banner_Only
Central Texas AYF Conference Contenders Program
American Youth Football is an all inclusive program developed to foster a confidence and sense of self-worth that extends beyond the gridiron and into the school, family, and community. "Youth with cognitive and physical disabilities are given the opportunity to transform their disabilities into abilities and great achievements. Players are able to exercise regularly to become stronger and healthier. Children build a network of friends, support, and trust. No scores will be kept, however, it is still a fun competitive environment."
THESE YOUTH ARE OUR CHAMPIONS!
The Contenders Program is a way to provide the framework for local programs to offer a structured football program for participants with special needs. The games are modeled after a typical game with warm-ups, coin toss, national anthem, etc. Participation in the Contenders Program is permitted at the request of the individual’s parent, guardian or the individual itself.
• Contenders follows the local Flag Football Rules with modifications as noted in Rules.
• All children who are currently enrolled in school with physical or mental disabilities or are in 504 programs are eligible.
• Level of play based on size, age and skill level are recommended where numbers allow.
• Teams must roster a minimum of 10 and no more than 28 players.
• Games are played with a minimum of five (5) players on each side. This can increase as participation numbers increase.
• No score is kept.
• Teams are permitted one (1) game per week.
• All players receive equal number of plays.
• Team helpers must be a minimum of 13 years of age to assist participants.
• Field may be standard 100 yards or programs may opt to use a 50 yard field.
• Team Jerseys and flags provided for every participant.
• Insurance for the Contender Team is the same as the local Flag Football teams.
• One Coach permitted on the field at all times.
• Teams play two 25 minute halves with a running clock.